cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive emails

Bigpa1n
Joining in

My blueyonder email became inaccessible this morning. I was using it successfully, then started getting synchronisation failure errors on phone and laptop (they use IMAP protocol). I tried to access my account online through Webmail, but could not login (password rejected and not allowing me to reset password as I cannot log in to My Virginmedia- email address is not recognised)! Husband is the named account holder, but of course is no longer able to manage associated email accounts. I am concerned that the security of my email account may have been compromised.  

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bigpa1n thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear that you're unable to access your blueyonder email addresses. And sorry for any inconvenience that this may be causing.  Please can you advise if this is impacting you on our website as well?  If it's only on clients.  Is your husband still able to access My Virgin Media?  If so, he could help create new passwords by following these steps.

• Sign in to My Virgin Media

• Go to Account settings, then Account details

• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail

• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password

• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked

• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee- will give it a try as soon as we have time to go through this. Husband was only able to access his webmail, but as I said before, we couldn't get into mine. We will see if this works- if he can create new passwords.

Will report back.

Sue

Hi Lee

Thanks- Blueyonder now restored. Your help was much appreciated- but why doesn't Virgin make it simpler to find a means to contact a real person for hep, instead of sending us round the houses on the website, particularly all the suggestions for figuring it out by yourself. Clicking on "contact" does not result in a smooth journey to assistance, which us less tech minded people want- far from it.   

Hi @Bigpa1n 

Thanks for coming back to the thread and confirming all resolved. 

I will send you a PM though as there's something system related we need to discuss :).

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill