cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both my virginmedia mail boxes have stopped working.

rodanne
Joining in

Rang the help line explained problem after 30 minutes getting nowhere the matter has been referred up the line for resolution and warned this might take 2 - 5 days!!  Confidence in Virgin is at an all time low I wrote to them 3 months ago with a formal complaint and have heard nothing.  Whatever happened to customer service the quicker I can extricate myself from their clutches the better.

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rodanne 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues access your mailboxes.
I can see on the systems at our side that this has been raised to the team to support further. 
In the meantime, can you elaborate on the issue you're having and we and the community can also support?
Do you have access at all through a mail client such as gmail or outlook? What happens when you try to log into your emails?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

rodanne
Joining in

I have had a mailbox [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] for many years.  Some 10 years ago I created 2 further mailboxes [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] and [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] to meet specific work my wife and I undertake.  These have been accessible on a windows based computer, ipads and iphones.  In the middle of last week neither mailbox was receiving messages neither could one post from either of them. I tried accessing via the virginmedia website blueyonder was there and under other accounts I could see the annecbm mailbox listed but would not open the rodatals box was not listed. I tried going through settings but hit a brick wall as the saved password and user names were not recognised after that I was floored.  Not being IT savvy I resorted to the helpdesk the girl was difficult to hear and was not convinced she had grasped the nature of the issue in addition I am dependent upon the rodatals box being available for hospital appointments for three ongoing conditions hence my frustrations.

I do have two other mail addresses Blueyonder as above and [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Check in your MyVirginmedia account to find the list of linked email accounts.  If any of your email accounts is missing it may have been deleted by VM.

VM have changed the login procedures for broadband and email accounts, which can be difficult to get right. Check these:

https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for providing the details @rodanne 

Have you been asked to change your username/email address you use to sign in? Does the steps in the link kindly provided by @jpeg1 help you to regain access to the mailboxes?

Let us know if this has helped or if you need further support

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Have made no progress but did have a call an hour ago from 02037385341 from an Asian sounding male who asked whether my email issue had been sorted.  Told him no and he said he would ring back in 30 minutes needless to say I have heard nothing.  I did ring the number out of curiosity and I was told it was VM and not to worry and was then cut off.  Is this number a scam.  More puzzling is the fact that at the end of my original call  the helpdesk I was given a case reference number and a phone number which I have just rung.  It is some sort of service desk - great I thought - only to have my hopes dashed when I was asked whether I was an O2 or VM employee.  Hopefully with the 8.8% increase in the tariff they will have some cash to provide some service.  In the meantime I guess I will have to grin and bear the incompetence

Do please allow our team to complete their work in having the ticket raise resolved @rodanne, and hopefully this will bring an end to the issue initially reported to us concerning the mailboxes.

Thanks,

David_Bn