cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffling requirement to set up non Virgin media email account

Richardcopeland
Joining in

I am trying to set up an app password for my NTLworld accounts - and it keeps telling me to set up a new non VM email address - 

when I finally get the verification email - and click on the link it simply takes me to a login page - but what am I lodging in as? the new email ? the old email and what password? no clues are offered but every conceivable configuration is met with the response " you have not verified your new email address.

log back in with the original email and password and try to set up App password and we go thought the same Schengen's again and again and again.

I get that VM are no longer into providing email but they can do a lot better functionally with this than they are doing at the moment! 

Rich

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Richardcopeland 👋 welcome back to the community! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with your My VM set-up and logins. 

Having set up the login with a new email address, it would make sense for this to be the one you are now using to Log in - and verify. Were you sent the verification email to the new address? You would then need to log in with this address in order to complete the verification from the email sent. 

Nonetheless, we do appreciate your frustration given the experience due to the lack of clarification available. Here's a couple of help page links that may help you in future if you have any issues again: 

How to manage your email account 

How to manage your My VM account

Please give this a go and let us know how you get on! We will be here to offer further help if needed. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🌞 All the best! 

Molly