cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And yet again, an inside job Hack with Virgin!!!!!

Bossman2
On our wavelength

Well, here we are again, email hacked again from inside Virgin (INSIDE JOB).

if you check my last post when this happened, I did a lot of digging (I'm an analyst, it's my job to leave no stone unturned) most of my accounts with the email address ended up getting hacked (Facebook, Spotify etc) after receiving an email asking for a bitcoin payment and the IP address the email came from just happened to be on the virgin network and the amount of people it happened to on Virgin was shocking, it was an old blueyonder email not attached to a valid account (nice easy scam).

Well, it's just happened again with my email which is not PWND (the excuse used by virgin last time)

So, I have just received around 4 emails from vinted, 

1 to change my email address

2. To change password

3. Confirmed email change

4. Confirmed password change

Now, it does not take a mastermind to work out how this has been done, the culprit has access to my email account, the address and password are not PWND (leaked online) so that only leaves one possible way this was done and that is internally or by someone internal passing or selling the info to someone external (not difficult for the I.T. dept to work out who it is).

So, if there is a Virgin Media moderator on this message board I would like you to direct message me regarding this as its not on and I am now considering going public to the press about this, I do not pay you a monthly fee for your staff to start using my email address and password to gain access to my online accounts.

Regards

Bossman 2

PS: (I suggest you read my previous thread before contacting me so your up to speed or I will wipe the floor with you before I go to the national press).

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In your last topic, you were poised to present your evidence to the ICO. What happened with that?

carguy143
Dialled in

This is frustrating to see but offering to wipe the floor with staff isn't going to make them want to help you. Trust me, 15 years in the industry and people speaking to me like that don't get far. 

Please remember the staff you're asking to speak to aren't the problem, they're going to be the ones you need to support you. 

Enough hot air to fill an air balloon.

It is frustrating and I'm well aware how staff feel with this approach, I worked for talktalk for over 10yrs however, never did I see something of this level and believe me I saw a lot within talktalk.

This has now changed from old email addresses no longer attached to accounts to active email addresses and passwords being used.

The only people who have access to both are Virgin and Google, the only place this data has been used at my end was to setup my email address on my secure phone so this can only be 1 of 2 things, Virgin or Google, either way as a customer of Virgin, they should be investigating this internally, in fact they should have been investigating this when the old unattached to account emails hacks started.

It's called p*ssed off, not hot air

Bossman2
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20240919_013236_Samsung Internet.jpg

•  Hi GOSLOW, I looked into it and that is something Virgin themselves should be doing as they are the service provider and the amount of Virgin customers who have been victim to this should raise alarm bells internally.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I would suggest that VM is probably quite unlikely to turn itself in for any possible infringements of any regulations.

An individual can make a complaint to ICO, as I mentioned in your previous topic, and I have done this myself in the past

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bossman2 👋 Welcome back to the community forum!

Thank you for starting a new thread, and keeping us updated with your concerns regarding your email service, and your investigation into an account you believe has been hacked. I'm so sorry to hear this has happened! I appreciate this must be highly concerning. 

It looks like sadly you haven't yet taken up our offers of support from previous threads where PMs have been sent. We would need to do this with you to receive any evidence you have to send over, and to complete a thorough investigation - taking any appropriate action where necessary . 

Unfortunately much like last time when you posted about this in your previous thread posts 👉 here and 👉 here we have a couple of routes for support we can offer;

1) We can offer support updating the password with you via PM. Although you can also do this yourself via 👉 My VM and the 'Forgotten Password' link process. 

2) We can raise a complaint for you with your feedback and experience so we can investigate further. We will need to send you a PM to do this, and will get you to send in the additional evidence you have to support your case so this can be reviewed alongside your feedback. You can find our complaints code of practice here. Once raised you can also view your complaint here. 

As last time, please do be aware that in any instance an internal investigation is needed we are unable to share the findings of this in a public forum, or with yourself directly. We will investigate your case and claim thoroughly, and any appropriate actions will be taken. 

I will send you a PM again now to offer further support.  You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The most reliable way to prevent your Virginmedia email being hacked, is simply to use something else.

There are better free email services available, or for a few pounds a year you can have your own domain and email service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.