cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why these days its norm?

TyComeAgain
Joining in

Why we get price increases on top of inflation, cos private company want to expand their infrastructure ?

I would love someone else pay for my sausage roll factory construction.

My broadband price has increased by 100% + after 5 years. And my interned speed is 3-5 times slower then other deals and its x2 more expensive.

Tried to contact virginmedia through live chat, live chat not working, cant open it. I cant wait for hours on phone to get some customer service.

4 REPLIES 4

IanMSpencer
On our wavelength

OFCOM feel for the ruse so the 3.9% on top of inflation was set by them. However, they don't seem to have any system in place to direct that rollout to meet any targets so we now have 3 fibre networks past our door.

asim18
Fibre optic

I'm no economics expert but I believe inflation is caused by price rises and unfair trading by use of mechanisms such as manipulative marketing....

When someone sells a product that's worth £100 for £1500, it's an unfair trade, that means by paying for this product we create a discrepancy in the economy. This creates a chain reaction where everything keeps 1-upping everything else and creates an economy where fair trading simply does not and cannot happen.

Most of the articles I've ever read about inflation are all fake news, they never reveal the real cause of inflation. This is why the people in charge never talk about "ending" inflation once and for all, they only talk about "reducing the rate of the increase of inflation". If we were to end inflation it would require absolute fair-trading, thus the abolishment of capitalism. To end inflation = to end capitalism. To reduce inflation = to reduce capitalism.

In short, inflation happens because people just pay up without question. If people stop paying up, price goes down, trade becomes fairer, inflation gets lower.

Healthy inflation is okey +- 3 %

I have seen price rise breakdowns inflation + costs to expand their business, infrastructure. I kinda dont feel like I should pay for their private business expansion. Expand from your own profits. Price increase for virgin broadband is just ridiculous.

asim18
Fibre optic

The median of +3% and -3% is 0%. So overall, for economy to be healthy, they need to go up by 3% but then must eventually come back down by 3% in order to equalise to a healthy 0%.

So if someone trades 50 of his oranges for 100 apples today, then tomorrow he must give up 100 of his oranges for 50 apples in order to balance the unfair trading into a fair trade.

We really need to fix up our economy or we will end up 2nd poorest country in the world, I believe USA is currently poorest country in the world. Unfortunately Rishi Sunak only follows the USA's orders so sadly we are all doomed and simply following the USA in getting poorer by the day.