cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why such a huge price difference?

winegums
On our wavelength

Ok. After complaining about vm telling me I’m getting the best value package, this is what I’ve discovered:-

Eldest daughter - recently cancelled vm as she had basic broadband and basic tv with no premium channels and only 1 tv box and was being charged £185 per month. VM told her every month that it was a mistake but never changed the amount so she cancelled.

I have super fast broadband and tv with sky sports but no other premium channels plus 2 additional tv boxes in the bedrooms, also a landline I don’t use and I’m being charged £123.50 pm

My younger daughter has just bought the tv and broadband package. She gets super fast broadband plus all the tv channels including allthe premium ones like sports, movies and kids, plus 2 additional tv boxes in the bedrooms and she has a landline she doesn’t use. She is paying £65 per month.

Something is not right here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

As far as VM is concerned, it's all working out very well because VM's sales agents have managed to carve out 3 individual deals of varying advantage/profit to VM.

This is how VM operates. It has been likened on here before to haggling at the market. There are regular similar topics on here where customers, and their friends/family, have identified paying wildly different prices for exactly the same package of services.

Best to make such checks with friends and family before starting any renewal negotiations with VM. Also check out 'new customer' and 'standard' VM pricing on the VM website for a particular package to get an idea of the price range VM might be offering when renewing. Alongside VM, check out what the local competition can offer. With all that info at hand, a VM customer should be able to come to a judgement on the 'value' of any VM package/price being offered.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

As far as VM is concerned, it's all working out very well because VM's sales agents have managed to carve out 3 individual deals of varying advantage/profit to VM.

This is how VM operates. It has been likened on here before to haggling at the market. There are regular similar topics on here where customers, and their friends/family, have identified paying wildly different prices for exactly the same package of services.

Best to make such checks with friends and family before starting any renewal negotiations with VM. Also check out 'new customer' and 'standard' VM pricing on the VM website for a particular package to get an idea of the price range VM might be offering when renewing. Alongside VM, check out what the local competition can offer. With all that info at hand, a VM customer should be able to come to a judgement on the 'value' of any VM package/price being offered.

Alby41
Up to speed

If VM are not playing ball with you and are out to extract as much cash from your pockets as they you will let them I would look at other internet service providers that may be able to provide a service for you .. there has been great inroads into the communications market by Openreach and new fibre cabling some FTTP also ... of course when VM is going well its a great service but at what price ?

I would look at ISP review which includes VMs package and others .. VM may work out the best for you though.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/the-best-uk-broadband-isps-ispreview-editors-pic

just saying ....good luck...😉