cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can VM justify an 18% increase?

vginforum
Dialled in

I have just been sent a renewal email which says VM want to charge me 18% more for the same service I've had over the last 18 months. No extra services, no new hardware. I haven't even asked for help during that time.

How is the extra charge calculated, how can they justify this?

After 15 years paying them, they want to charge me twice what a new customer would pay for the same. Thanks for being a loyal customer... NOT.

Please don't tell me it's energy increase. We all have to absorb them.

8 REPLIES 8

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It's the end of your 18 month discount. Call in and renegotiate a new one. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

vginforum
Dialled in

Finally got round to calling them. Painful!! Asked them to give best price. 15 minutes later got a price after she had read me the equivalent of War and Peace. Then the email wouldn't go through. My billing address. Eventually gave my main address. That got through.

End result: same deal, £7 cheaper than I was paying last month. Total time on phone 25 minutes. But she rang back to tell me how much I would be paying next month. Even less to account for higher price this month. And she started again. Had to tell her I had to go.

U can check online and on ur account i found phone or chat have different offers to the my account area but they can not offer 

vginforum
Dialled in

Thanks but that's enough for another 18 months. What I didn't tell them was that I would have been OK paying the same as I had been paying. Now I'm £7 a month better off (pays my usenet access).

Madly, they say the charge after 18 moths will be less than the charge they said the current bill would go up to if I hadn't called..

Alby41
Up to speed

Good advice there🙂

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Did you negotiate away the automatic increase in April?  If not you'll be paying about 10% more, which will negate that discount you just got.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

vginforum
Dialled in

I don't think that increase is negotiable as it is part of the Ts&Cs no matter what you pay.

And I negotiated a new price more than 10% lower than the suggested new price. So I am happy (ish)

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But it will go up again in April by about 10%, unless you negotiated this away.

I managed to do that and got it removed. Fixed price for 18 months. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.