cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO site editors

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to report when dialling 150/the support number from another phone it says to dial 1571 if you do not know your phone number, the correct number is 17070 and wait for a callback for your number. The message is, “Thank you. Please hang up and we will call you back shortly to let you know your phone number.” On the caller return conceal page, it says to dial 1475 and then wait for a callback. In fact, you get the message, “Thanks. We’ve removed the last incoming call recorded for this line.” You can also erase the last caller ID by dialling 5 when you dial 1471.

If this could be fixed it would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure any other customer who doesn’t know how to find their phone number in an easy way would find it useful too.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi olivfry 

150 only works as a free phone number on Virgin Media landlines to contact VM.  If you want to dial VM from any other phone then it's 0345 454 1111

If you dial 17070 it's actually a BT test number, and not compatable with VM phone services.  It's often used by  ISP's/tech support teams on some Openreach PSTN lines, They generally choose option 2  to select the 'Quiet line test' for the actual phone line provided through a wall socket. There's actually four options using 17070.

1) Caller Display Information
2) How well I can hear you talking (Quiet line test)
3) Digital Tones
4) Echo or Noise problems

174 is the correct number to dial on a VM landline to find out your landline number if you don't know what it is.

1571 is VM's voicemail number

You can dial 1471 to find out the last number to dial your VM landline, and then press 3 if you want to dila them back straightaway. 

If you want to hide the last number that dialled you on your VM landline then dial 1475 and follow the instructions
You’ll get a call back within a minute, then if you dial 1471 and you’ll find that the number that called has been replaced by “number withheld”.
If your own number is withheld, then you need to dial 1470 before dialling 1475.
This only erases the number when you dial 1471. If you’ve got a display on your phone, or a Caller Display
Unit, check your phone manual to find out how to erase the number from there too.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali