cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking: OFCOM investigating VM over difficulty cancelling VM contracts

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Ofcom has today opened an own-initiative investigation into Virgin Media’s compliance with its contract termination and complaints handling/facilitating appropriate access to ADR obligations during 2022/23, following complaints received from consumers.

You can help Ofcom in its investigation by letting them know all about your cancellation experience with VM here.

None of this will come as a huge surprise to those who have battled with offshore CS, endless retention conversations, abrupt call terminations, and the extraordinary expediency of being required to resort to snail mail to beg for a cancellation.

More background here

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).
45 REPLIES 45

Good to hear that the cancellation was relatively straightforward. Let's hope VM are beginning to try a bit harder now that they are under Ofcom's microscope.

In regards to loyalty I am astonished that VM volunteered the concept. It has always seemed an alien idea to them. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Viper-t
Fibre optic

New accounts always sound like vm trying to promote how good vm services are. 😂😂😂

How would one go about contacting them? I am furious with the lack of customer service, ongoing erroneous bills after making agreements, and the impact on my credit score because of those bills. Twice now I've had to pay a bill that was not explained in order to ask someone about the bill and the amount!

I'd raise a complaint with VM first of all. You can then escalate as required to Ombudsman Services according to the process for this. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

You can let Ofcom know all about your experience so far but it's for their records purposes only (albeit supporting their live investigation into Virgin as per the thread) and it's unlikely that they will respond. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/billing-and-charges

JohnMorr
On our wavelength

Hi goslow.

Several phone calls with VM where I have been assured that the contract will be & then has been changed to the one I agreed but the VM web site still has the wrong one. Checking now the contract has not changed. 

VM voice recording says that Texting is supposed to be popular but VM do not support this now. My replying to emails just has it bouncing back - theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com (theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JohnMorr wrote:

My replying to emails just has it bouncing back - theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com (theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com)

VM don't have a customer facing email contact. The email address you are sending to isn't manned and is for outgoing email messages only.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also contact the VM team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

KB29R
On our wavelength

Reported - due to Breach of contract by not providing Netflix for the last 33 days - disgusting customer service - totally inept and useless The Managing Director of this company needs finding

Jess7
Joining in

Thank God! They are criminals. Destroy people’s lives. I hope they shut them down. No need for them to exist - so many better providers who don’t behave like the mafia!

@Jess7 wrote:

Thank God! They are criminals. Destroy people’s lives. I hope they shut them down. No need for them to exist - so many better providers who don’t behave like the mafia!

Not in this area.

Fibre not due until latest Dec 2026.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

For those following this thread Ofcom advise me as follows just FYI (NB please keep reporting your cancellation and complaint experiences to them):

"I should advise that the investigation is currently ongoing and there is no set timeframe in place as to when an outcome can be expected. Any updates as the investigation progresses will be available on our website."