cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin + O2 = Sorry - it doesn’t look like you’re currently eligible for these benefits

thecableguy
Up to speed

Been with VM for years, took out an O2 SIM which arrived yesterday, tested it out today and gone to my account to activate the volt benefits where I get the following message: Sorry - it doesn’t look like you’re currently eligible for these benefits.

What gives? The wording states simply having Virgin and O2 in the same household is all that is required to qualify.

The only reason I took it was I'm currently paying £9.95 pm for 90GB and this is £10 for 50GB, so with volt it seemed like a no brainer...

I now have 12 days to get this fixed or I will be forced to cancel it.

4 REPLIES 4

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi thecableguy

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this!

To be eligable for Volt benefits, you'll need to either have a broadband package with us in addition to having a Pay Monthly SIM with O2 or be living with someone who has this. Is it a Pay Monthly SIM that you have with O2 or do you have a Pay-As-You-Go SIM? I assume by your post you are a Pay Monthly customer with O2, however it is certainly strange - I can't seem to think of any other reason why you would not be eligable.

Are both accounts actually listed under the same address?

Beth

Hi Beth, so I accepted the offer a few days ago through the myO2 app and it has been applied on my data on their side. I just checked my virgin media account and despite my speed already being boosted from 250 to 350 several months ago, it now shows M350 Volt Speed boost, as if it that's it...

Thanks for coming back to us thecableguy, should you have been boosted to that speed or the next one higher?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, the contract was for 250 but I received a 'free' boost to 350 around April iirc.

The other day when I checked it said 350 Volt boost, which would appear the Volt boost got swallowed by the 'free' boost.

I have since accepted a half price upgrade to M500.