cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Contract change

timbs32
On our wavelength

I am concerned as renewed my contract today following a call from the outbound retentions team.  
It was only when I looked at the email of my pre-contract whilst I was on the phone that I noticed my fibre had been downgraded to 500.  
I questioned it with the guy and was told not to worry and that due to a billing technical issue I would stay at 1gb but they could only put it through at 500.  How appalling if I am downgraded and then have to contact Virgin to reinstate my Volt benefits.  
Who knows how long that will take to explain it to them and for them to action.  
Really dishonest VM.  

No wonder you get a lot of hate on the forums when you are doing shady things like that.

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi timbs32,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your concerns around your recent package change, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

timbs32
On our wavelength

I have been downgraded to 500.  I checked my online account and my volt benefits have been applied but they have been applied as if I was on a 350 going up to 500.

Really unhappy feel like I have been scammed by the outbounds retention guy.  Dishonest practice.

I spoke to 2nd line customer services and they practically agreed with me that retentions were underhanded and are making a note.

Apparently the reason for the billing issue / not upgrading to 1 gig is due to a shortage of smart hub 5's? (although I have a hub 4) and that they were unable to put through 1 gig upgrades as their systems have put a block on it until the new year! 

I was advised that I had to wait for a month to be upgraded manually!.

I said that I am sorry but this is not good enough and the person who I spoke to in CS agreed to call me back on the 1st of Jan to put the upgrade through at no additional cost.

I just hope I get that call.....

What a palaver!

Hi @timbs32 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. 

I can see my colleague sent you a PM.

Please check your messages and reply, we can assist further 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

timbs32
On our wavelength

Hi John & Paul,

I never got that call back... shocker...

Please can you try and assist.  I have replied to Paul's DM.

Thank you.