cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 SIM Bill issues caused by VM

maceyp
Tuning in

So I took out virgin media few years ago as a oomph member which included a free SIM. 

The coverage and service was always brilliant when under Vodafone. Since the O2 migration the service has been awful, packet loss and unstable connections all the time. I'm actually surprised people choose to use O2 with this abysmal service. 

Anyway back on track to my issue. So Virgin Media email me to say my O2 Bill and VM Bill is now split and VM will credit my account with the difference. This happened on the last bill, now here is where the issues start. 

I have an outstanding bill with O2 now for 24.98 I've tried phoning to make payments but they say security answers are wrong. Bare in mind the migration was handled by VM I never setup security. I've now had another message saying I'd the bill isn't paid on 4 days I'll receive a late payment charge. 

I can't even make the payment due to security answers. I can't create an account because this is done automatically and finally why didn't Virgin media transfer the Direct Debit information 

I still can't make the payment and have raised the issue with ombudsman because will VM pick up any late payment fees???? O2 keep saying it's Virgin Media issue also!

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi maceyp,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of any confusion with your mobile billing. So I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Same problem here - received the new SIM, service migrated over OK, but no confirmation from VM to say the new direct debit had been set up for O2 (and nothing showing for O2 when I check my online banking), and now O2 have sent a message to the phone saying the bill is overdue and they're going to apply an additional charge/block outbound calls...

Like macepy, I can see that I'm now receiving the credit on my VM bill, however without the details needed to login to the new O2 side of the account I also have no way to see what's going on there.

Hi aak1492,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your O2 billing, can you confirm if you've contacted O2 directly regarding this? You can find contact details for them here

Alex_Rm

aak1492
Tuning in

Unfortunately no, I didn't have time to contact them today before their phone lines closed for the evening.

Interestingly though, when I then went onto the account section of their website, it gave me the option of temporarily logging into at least part of it using my phone number and a one time code sent to the phone, which isn't an option I recall seeing before.  Once I'd done that and then returned to the main login page, it then automatically populated the username field with the email address from my Virgin account along with a message indicating that this email was already associated to an O2 account, and giving me the option of then resetting my password (which, obviously, I'd never had the opportunity to set in the first place given that I didn't set up the account...).  

Having done all of that, I now have full access to my account details including being able to pay online, which I've now done to avoid being hit with a late payment charge.  Without that hanging over my head, I can then wait for a more convenient time to contact them about the direct debit issue.

Hi aak1492

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am glad to hear you've been able to get access to the online account.

Please do pop back to the community should you need further assistance. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Donaldsc
Joining in

Exactly the same issue as above. Was paying £117 all in with Virgin and was told that by moving my unused Virgin SIM over to O2, as long as I continued to not use the new SIM, my bill would drop to £92. At no stage did anyone from Virgin say I would now get a bill for £24.98 from O2. If calls are recorded this can be 100% verified. Even if I had agreed to pay the £24.98, why would I agree a deal that costs essentially the same money as the £117 but with the added hassle of two accounts. Shambolic. Virgin are 100% paying for any bills I have with O2 as they clearly tricked me into this.

Hi there @Donaldsc 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your bill and thank you again for reaching out. I'd be more than happy to take a look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

MelHen
Joining in

I have had the same issue as everyone else. I've been a VM customer for years without any issue and now I'm told that I owe £5.81 (plus £6 late payment charge) for a sim that I haven't ordered .....never recieved ....don't want .....and it has adversely affected my credit score as I now have a late payment against it !

I have tried contacting O2 directly, but they have been worse than useless. They keep asking me for the phone number associated with the account and I can't give it because I haven't received anything.

Hi MelHen,

We can certainly appreciate your frustration. When you have contacted them have you tried providing other information such as address, etc?

^Martin