cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority Disney + Discount

Jimvanham
Joining in

Hi. I am after some help.

I have just downloaded the o2 Priority app and was able to login via my Virgin Media details. I have been trying to redeem the £2 Disney Plus discount, but I don't seem able to do this. Has anyone been successful in doing this? I already have a Disney Plus subscription so not sure if this is the issue?

Any help appreciated

Jim

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jim,

I've just been looking at the https://www.o2.co.uk/extras/disney-plus page 

It  does say Yes, " Can I have Disney+ as an included or paid Extra if I’m already a subscriber?

Yes. As an existing Disney+ subscriber, you’ll still be able to choose a Disney+ Premium plan from O2 Extras (either three or six months on us if you join O2 or upgrade, for £7.99 a month (worth £10.99) and get a further £2 a month airtime discount during your contract term). Disney+ will get in touch shortly by email to let you know how to manage your subscriptions in order to avoid double billing."

I hope you have better luck than myself. To be honest last year I was subscribing directly to Disney + and had no end of problems when I tried to add  Disney+ to my O2 to take advantage of the 6 months free offer and the £2 a month billing ddicount. 

Neither O2 or Disney could help me. I went through various scenarios where Disney cancelled on their end and told me to re-register through O2, however every time I tried it came up with the message that the account already existed.  O2 kept telling me to change my O2 username (email address) and that it would then go through.  I tried 5 different email addresses and still couldn't take advantage of the offer.

I gave up in the end and re-registered directly via Disney with another email address and didn't get either the 6 months free or the addittional £2 a month discount. I've now downgraded my Disney+ subscription to the £4.99 Standard with Ads plan - I can't use that on my VM 360 box though as only the ad-free Premium tier, priced at £10.99 per month, is available for subscription through VM's set top boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali