cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer Volt problem

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

Hi.

Sorry to make my first post here a complaint. Im a new Virgin Media FTTP and O2 bundled customer. I signed up to FTTP VM250 and O2 sim with Volt benefits. Im getting passed from pillar to post by O2 and VM about not having Volt benefits (double data & speed boost), not being able to activate 'Volt' and not having a single VMO2 id linking accounts.

I raised the issue with my VM account manager. He said contact O2. I spent an hour on the phone speaking to a lovely lady at O2 who eventually said she'd raise a ticket because even she couldnt link the VM and O2 accounts.

A couple of hours later, I received an email for VM saying they had 'updated my (VM) account to confirm eligibility' but I cannot see any change and still cannot see anyway to activate Volt. It also suggests I 'may have to wait 14 days'! Nope, this was sold to me as a bundled deal. My O2 welcoming email even states Volt will be activated when I activate the sim which was done 2+ weeks ago.

My name on both accounts is exactly the same. I can see my address in my O2 account but cannot find my address details in my VM account. That seems odd that you cannot do this?

I am paying for something I am not receiving. In another '2 weeks' I will have been without the bundled Ive paid for for a month. This is not acceptable.

Can someone please look into this urgently?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

Is any mod or customer service rep picking this up?! Nothing is happening!

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

Bump, because no one is looking into this and apparently, you cannot PM them and ask them to.

It's not a good idea to bump things up because the forum team tend to pick things up from the other end.

Hey cyclingcylon, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

With the volt benefits they can activated from here they can take up to 14 working days not 14 days.

Also with the volt benefits you only get the free speed upgrade once.

So for example let say you've been with us a while and you've already had the speed upgrade in the past, lets say you upgrade to the next bracket this wouldn't get another free speed boost. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi.

Im sorry but no, it does not. Im a new VM and O2 customer who signed up in February 2024 when a VM team visited my location. Volt has not been activated from date of installation on 22 March 2024. Neither have I had an uplift in broadband speed applied.

All the link does is take me to an o2 log in page. I have raised a ticket with O2 that I cannot activate Volt. Neither do i have a combined VM O2 id to log into O2 nor has any email been sent to me. O2 sent the ticket KMM110765935V74973L0KM to VM on 8 april 2024.

Nothing has been investigated. Both o2 and VM appear have done nothing. I keep reading your name and address must match exactly on both O2 and VM. My name on both accounts match. My address differs as I have posted in another thread. O2 includes my county, VM does not. Neither O2 nor VM allow me to edit my address so it matches on both companies because O2's address file includes the county while VM's does not. This is before we discuss commas and upper \ lower case letters used in the address.

In this case, to best look into this for you, I have sent a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

Well Im slowly making some headway but it is taking an inordinate amount of time to resolve imvho. After a bit of ping pong between O2 and VM, after an hour on the phone to O2, they now say my account with them is stuck in a pending status. The call handler has said a ticket has been raised for the back office to investigate and could take another 14 days to resolve. Why on earth couldnt this have been done weeks ago and now I have to wait upto another 14 days just to see if it is resolved then?

Sorry, but these companies just pay lip service to customer problems. Ive been signed up to VMO2 for over 6 weeks now and if it goes the full 14 days stated, will be over 8 weeks Ive been paying for but not receiving the full benefits of what i was promised and am paying for.