cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Volt benefits on my second VM account?

Madelvic
Tuning in

Signed up for VM in a second home (I must be mad) and yet again no sign of Volt benefits and crap WiFi (Google products lose WiFi 10 feet from the router).

Help please!

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Madelvic 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your WiFi and the Volt benefits have not yet been added. 

I'd be happy to take a look. Can I first confirm, have you applied for the Volt benefits via the O2 app? If so when?

I have 7 O2 accounts; two on contract and 5 payg.   Both the contract numbers are linked to the Edinburgh Virgin account; none are linked to Newcastle.  Can we/should we move one?   

Both accounts would need to be logged at the same address to get the Benefits applied.

Have you downloaded the Connect App and ran the wireless scans in the property?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John.   Are you saying the Newcastle Account and Edinburgh Account would need to be registered to Edinburgh?

Thanks for coming back to us Madelvic. John was stating that both your Virgin Media and O2 accounts have to be at the same address to be able to get the benefits, if you have a second Virgin Media account you would not be able to register this against the existing O2 address to get the Volt benefits. 

If you wish to have Volt benefits attached to your second account, you would need to create a separate second O2 account at the same address as your second Virgin Media account as both VM and O2 accounts need to be registered at the same address.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Madelvic
Tuning in

Okay back to square one; need to move one off the O2 accounts to the Newcastle address.  Volt is a means to an end - the wifi doesn't work and I'm not paying more to fix it.  I've raised a formal complaint last night.   VM and O2 are impossibly difficult to deal with and in no way 'joined up'.   Back to O2.........