cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you cancel the O2 SIM after an upgrade?

nejoo
Joining in

Last week I renewed my deal with VM for another 18 months. Previously I was getting phone, 500MB broadband and Max TV with SkySports and TNT for £99 a month. In the renewal, they have reduced my package to £74/month but made me take out an O2 SIM for £25/month so same cost overall.

My question is, can I just cancel the O2 SIM within the 14 day cooling off period, and effective cut my package to £74 a month? I have no use for the SIM. Or would that cause Virgin to pull the whole deal?

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey nejoo, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

You can of course cancel the sim however this may affect your package as you may loose discounts but the contract wouldn't get pulled.

You have 14 days to have a think over of both packages anyway.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your package price is still £99, made of of two parts, 1 part to VM and 1 part to O2. If you cancel the O2 part then the VM part will go back up to £99, so you lose the benefit of the SIM.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nejoo 

Have a chat with O2 and ask if they will downgrade the sim to a lower tier which will bring down the price of the sim but still allow you to retain the rest of the VM package as it is.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali