cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my TV and keep broadband

Deadwood1
Tuning in

Hi There.

I am currently paying £84.99 for a big volt bundle. With that I get broadband M350 a landline and TV. The TV is nothing more than free view and I think £84.99 is very expensive. I originally joined this service when it was Eurobell TV and it was an excellent service until virgin media took over and as far as customer service is concerned is non existent because when you try and speak to the call centre all they are interested in is selling you a new package.

I tried last year to see if I could get a common sense answer to my query and despite a repeated  no from me to increasing my package I was signed up to an even larger package that contains every sports channel under the sun..Once I saw my first bill I was not amused and I spent a total of 3 days attempting to get back my original package which I couldn't and I am now on a basic package that costs more for less.

Can anyone one advise is it possible tore I've the TV bundle but keep broadband and if so what would the difference in cost be?. Alternatively would I be better in cancelling the lot and taking my custom elsewhere.

Many thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check your contract for which TV tier is included in your package, but I strongly suspect it's the base Mixit which is why you see it as Freeview-equivalent. If you wanted any pay-TV channels, you would be better off either having Personal Pick bolt-ons or the top-tier Maxit.

There's no facility to re-negotiate your package via this forum, you will need to call in to do so - or if it suits you better, use the WhatsApp chat-based service although that's not real-time.

In the meantime, familiarise yourself with the TV channel guide at https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

Only you can decide the best supplier for your combination of services, but do your research into alternatives before calling in - that way, you are prepared with facts & figures and can make an informed decision whilst on the call : Whether that is to accept an offer, or give your 30days cancellation notice.

Any offer you are made will likely be "of-the-moment" and not something you can "think about and call back" - use the statutory 14days "change of mind" cancellation if necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check your contract for which TV tier is included in your package, but I strongly suspect it's the base Mixit which is why you see it as Freeview-equivalent. If you wanted any pay-TV channels, you would be better off either having Personal Pick bolt-ons or the top-tier Maxit.

There's no facility to re-negotiate your package via this forum, you will need to call in to do so - or if it suits you better, use the WhatsApp chat-based service although that's not real-time.

In the meantime, familiarise yourself with the TV channel guide at https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

Only you can decide the best supplier for your combination of services, but do your research into alternatives before calling in - that way, you are prepared with facts & figures and can make an informed decision whilst on the call : Whether that is to accept an offer, or give your 30days cancellation notice.

Any offer you are made will likely be "of-the-moment" and not something you can "think about and call back" - use the statutory 14days "change of mind" cancellation if necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for your reply...whatever I decide on I have to call the dreaded call centre which is where I got burnt last time...I originally had a great package which included Eurosport discovery ect...but no sky sports channels which I had no interest in anyway...I had to ring last year as my box was playing up and despite my repeated response of no I don't want to change my package I found on my next bill a new package which ended up with all the sports channels...repeated calls to the dreaded call centre to reinstate my old package didn't work so I've ended up with a basic TV with no discovery/Eurosport and paying more.

Just can't seem to get my original bundle back without loads of bolt ons I don't need...I've already signed up to discovery in my smart TV so I will give them the 30 day notice and just find another BB provider and virgin can whistle Dixie...,