cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv picture distorted on all channels

lynette1
Joining in

My tv picture is constantly breaking up and am also having sound issues. This is happening more and more frequently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Appreciate all live TV channels are affected, but can you confirm whether OnDemand and/or streaming are also affected?

Live TV breakup is often a signal issue, but if VoD is affected, an HDMI problem could be the cause and you may have multiple faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this happening on live TV? OnDemand/streaming? Recorded programmes?

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have reported this issue on-line through my account almost daily and I keep getting the message that there is an intermittent signal from my box and to wait 24hours for them to fix the fault. This does not happen

As asked by japitts, does this affect live TV, on demand, Catchup, recordings - or all of them?

Do you also have broadband (internet) from VM?  If so, is that okay?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

This is affecting all channels. I have broadband from VM. This is also slow and intermittent

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Appreciate all live TV channels are affected, but can you confirm whether OnDemand and/or streaming are also affected?

Live TV breakup is often a signal issue, but if VoD is affected, an HDMI problem could be the cause and you may have multiple faults.

On demand and streaming seem ok

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lynette1,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your channels, just from taking a look into our service there doesn't seem to be any area faults at all.

So we can investigate this matter please expect a PM from myself.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain