cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Ultra HD - Sound Level

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

Why is the Virgin TV Ultra HD - Channel 175 - sent with a much lower sound level than normal HD or SD channels.

I have to increase the volume level by 50% to get a normal listening level.
Apart, of course, the adverts and announcements, which are at a normal, therefore LOUD level.

This applies to any recorded programmes as well

pdfbt40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue on mine as I run a Bose soundbar and Virgin UHD channel was always substantially lower than other channels.

Went into Settings, Audio and Dolby Digital, and changed from Dolby Digital to PCM to Dolby Digital. This vastly improved BUT there's a tiny sound sync issue, so I'll have to investigate further.

The sound settings on Virgin boxes are VERY poor by todays standards, considering what they're trying to deliver.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @pdfbt40,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are having this, if it is only happening on one channel it could be due to the broadcast of said channel and how this is recorded, can you confirm if any other channels have the same issue?

Joe

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

Only Virgin TV Ultra HD - Channel 175 seems to be permanently with a low sound level.

pdfbt40

Hey @pdfbt40,

Thanks for confirming this, with UHD channels they are recorded differently and thus the sound levels can vary compared to normal TV channels. Apologies for any issues this may cause you.

Joe

Its not 'can vary' !   Its Always, in my experience a low volume.
Why is there not an admission that you get UHD vision with terrible audio all the time!!

pdfbt40

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pdfbt40 wrote:

Why is the Virgin TV Ultra HD - Channel 175 - sent with a much lower sound level than normal HD or SD channels.

What's the sound like on Channel 999?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Exactly the same as 175 !!  Low volume compared to other HD & SD channels.

pdfbt40

We will raise this with the relevant team to be looked into.

Rob

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

There have been some good documentaries on UHD recently and its irritating.

If in the future, channels go from HD to UHD it will be unacceptable to have to change channel with VM remote and then adjust volume with TV remote.

pdfbt40

We appreciate the frustration pbfbt40, this will be looked into and once we get an update we will provide it here.

Rob