cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 handset and source selection

Renef180
Joining in

I have 4 V6 boxes and several handsets. About a year ago, the one which is used with our most watched tv (a Panasonic) went faulty and Virgin sent me a couple of new handsets. However, I have a problem. The TV button on the old one would bring up the source menu on the TV and then allow me to change the source using the up/down buttons, however the new handsets still bring up the source menu, but the up/down buttons don’t change the source, but instead change the volume! This means that I now have to use the Panasonic handset to switch between sources which is annoying and inconvenient. I have complained to VM about this and they sent me yet another handset (which they charged me for) but it doesn’t allow source control either. Just wonder if anyone else has faced this issue and if there is a solution to it?

2 REPLIES 2

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Renef180

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you have been having issues with your TV remotes. I am sorry we cannot guarantee our remotes will work with third-party equipment. You would have been charged as the issue was not with the remote or the box itself.
Thanks,
Zoie

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens if you press & hold the TV button again?

Does that change the input source?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks