cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box constant red power light

soldier999
Joining in

My V6 TV box has a constant red power light whether the box is on or off for the last few months, I have went through the usual power off, unplug etc etc but no difference (the light remains red).

I have all my channels but the remote control volume no longer controls the volume on my sony tv.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @soldier999, thank you for your post. 

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Regarding the volume issue, have you tried following the advice provided in this YouTube video here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @soldier999, thank you for your post. 

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Regarding the volume issue, have you tried following the advice provided in this YouTube video here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

soldier999
Joining in

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for responding, I have tried the solution in the you tube video several times with no success.

On the 19th December I had a webchat with a virgin media representative who agreed to send out a new TV box within 3-5 days. (although they did not complete the order process)

Last Tuesday I called virgin media again and spoke to a person as the replacement TV box had not arrived.

After about an hour of resetting the box, disconnect the cables etc. etc. the red light remains on (remains red even when powered on – it should turn white) and volume control remains the same.

I was advised that there was nothing wrong with the TV box and they would not send a replacement or send an engineer to investigate the issue.

To be told I would get a replacement box by one person and then be told by another person that I won’t get a replacement box, is not good customer service.

Regards Allan

Thanks for coming back to us @soldier999, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion caused over the status of the set top box.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this one for you - check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks.

David_Bn