cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV picture breaking up

awr1946
Dialled in

Getting picture break up most on ITV, more so on recordings.

I’ve rebooted the box and check that all connections are ok.

Can you suggest what else I could do?

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Which TV box do you have and how is it connected to the Hub?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

not sure if it’s V6 or 360. Ethernet cables I think 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Check exactly what is connected. It's difficult to help without the right information. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Keep trying to post but it’s not showing 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awr1946 wrote:

Keep trying to post but it’s not showing 

Your posts are appearing in this thread.

Ref the picture breakup - is this happening on live TV or only recordings? If it's only on live TV, check Channel4-HD also. Live TV doesn't use the internet, so checking your Ethernet and/or router isn't going to help here.

Pixellation & picture breakup on live TV is usually a signal fault, but can be HDD-related if it's on recordings or delayed viewing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello awr1946

Sorry to hear of the image quality issues experienced, we understand the frustration and appreciate you letting us know via the forums.

You mentioned this is mainly on ITV, are other channels okay? Is it mainly recordings or Live TV as if it is mainly recordings it could be a hard drive issue.

Let us know and we can assist further.

Hi Robert, it’s a bit of both. Some days it’s ok

Thanks awr1946,

Can you enter the settings menu and ensure the picture resolution is set to 'Automatic' ? If not, please switch this over and let us know if there is any change.

Alex_Rm

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

During those brief periods, is someone else using the broadband?

Could another device be downloading or updating? 

- jpeg1