cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV guide showing to be announced

maryn
Joining in

Had this a few months ago and had the box and cables changed which seemed to fix the problem. Now its back - surely it cant be the box and cables again?

I have tried the fix given by Vm and it didnt work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @maryn 

Thanks for confirming. The engineers would have taken them due to us needing to run tests on what caused the issue. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What was "the fix given by VM" which didn't work?

You've posted in the TiVo section of the forum, but also mentioned that you had the box changed recently. TiVo's have been replaced with V6 since quite a while now, as a matter of course. While the software is the same, the connectivity between TiVo's & V6 fundamentally differs.. so which do you have?

If you're not sure - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

maryn
Joining in

Sorry I think I must have the V6 box. The fix on VM was to unplug all the cables and switch everything off including the router and then turn it back on again. I have a booster thing which the red light on it flashes and on the box iself there are 2 arrows which flash

Ive just realised I replied to myself!! Technology is not my greatest

I must have a V6 box. Fix on VM was basically to turn everything off unplug and then reconnect.

I have a booster which has a red light flashing and there are 2 arrows on the box also flashing

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's photos of the TiVo & V6 in the link I posted above. I'll advise based on a V6, and have moved your post accordingly.

The EPG (TV guide) updates are fed (via your home-hub) over the internet, along with OnDemand & streaming services - a good test is whether those services also work. If not - your in-home connectivity is the problem.

Two arrows on a V6 indicates a loss of this connection, it sounds like yours is connected wirelessly. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, does a connection & IP address show in the top-right? I suspect it won't, and if so - that would be confirmation that a lack of wireless internet is the reason for your V6 issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for that. It says that there is no connection and a cable is unplugged. All cables are plugged in so I am at a loss as to what to do next

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have an Ethernet cable connected to your V6? That behaviour is usually consistent with it being connected to the V6 but not the router.

The presence of an Ethernet cable will rightly prevent wireless options being presented.

The only ethernet cable I have is connected to my desktop computer in another room which is also where the router is

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Maryn 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing the "To Be Announced" message on your TV box. Are you able to clarify whether you receive any error messages when attempting to use your TV?

Are you also able to access On Demand services?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What options do you get in the network connections screen? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network?

6hourly handshakes are shown on the left, current connection details on the top-right. If there's no connection, it will be preventing OnDemand from working as well as your EPG updates.