cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIV V6 Delete all recordings

Jdavies1953
Joining in

Message appeared that the recording capacity limit has been reached.

I chose the option to delete all recordings as they are not required.

The deletion process has been running for several hours with numerous start up cycles.

Is this normal or is the process malfunctioning 

Thanks, John

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've used the "clear & delete everything" option, then this is a slight case of sledgehammer & nut when you could have deleted recordings using the "my shows" view, but what's done is done. And yes, there is a known issue with this option - see the pinned post at the top of each TV section of this forum .... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Known-Issue-Clear-and-Reset-Function-V6/td-p/51613... 

Having said that, you should be able to recover your V6 by using the following sequence..

Try turning off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks