cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a new remote

djr_uk
Up to speed

Hi all,

Our remote control for our oldest box is starting to misbehave. Buttons are getting stuck and becoming non responsive. We've changed batteries but no joy.

I have been told to go to https://t.co/ClnoQTOqKc by the twitter team and i then log in. it says i can claim a new free remote however then i click through the process it comes up with:

An error occurred when placing your order

There seems to have been a technical issue when placing your order for a replacement remote, so we'll need you to try again.

I've used safari on my iphone, chrome on my PC and Edge on my PC. Getting the same message each time.

Any advice?

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi djr_uk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear one of your remotes have stopped working, you can find further support with this here.

Regards

Paul.

GaryH6969
Tuning in

I’ve been having that exact same issues for months now , seems like a replacement remote control is the holy grail or something. I’m losing patience now and tempted to just cancel the lot and get sky 😁

This does not work. Many people have posted having the same problem , it says there is a technical issue after you go through the process to order a replacement. 

Hi Paul this is the issue- I've been advised to do this by twitter but i keep getting an error message

"An error occurred when placing your order

There seems to have been a technical issue when placing your order for a replacement remote, so we'll need you to try again."

Hi djr_uk,

We do apologise you're getting this error message when trying to order a remote online. I will pop you over a private message and see if we can get a replacement ordered on your behalf.

Click on the envelope at the top if the page to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Flakeydove
Joining in

I have exactly the same problem. Must have tried 20 times to order a replacement remote and still get the same error. Please help

Hi Flakeydove,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to order a replacement remote, so I can help I have sent an invite into a private chat, look out for the white envelope.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Flakeydove,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat, glad you were able to call and arrange a replacement remote, if you don't receive this or need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.