cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move router and TV box and upgrade

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

I would like to move my router and tv box from upstairs to downstairs. Can someone arrange this please?

I think it’s a V6 box, it’s about 6 years old and so is the router, can it be upgraded at the same time?
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tavis75
Super solver

There isn't an upgrade available from the V6, the only other TV box available at the moment is the 360 box, which is missing a lot of features compared to the V6.

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Unicornlala wrote:

I think it’s a V6 box, it’s about 6 years old and so is the router, can it be upgraded at the same time?

Arguably there is no upgrade for the V6. The only change available for it, is a migration to TV360 which is a completely different platform and OS - in much the same way as Android is different to Apple.

Do you have any problems with your V6? Do you specifically want to convert to TV360? Or are you just wanting the latest & greatest?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK thanks that’s good to know 

I just thought I would ask, if someone has to come out to move the connection to another room it would have been an ideal time but it looks like there’s isn’t an upgrade anyway so not needed.

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

Thanks, I saw on another thread that if I post here someone would get back to me, I didn’t really want to call 

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Unicornlala, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Happy to have this sorted out for you - check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn