cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues

PapaT
Joining in

. On certain channels at different times like E4, Sky ...pixelated screen, lasts for about a minute then continues ok maybe for length of programme or 15/30mins.
Tried the online fix but still the same issue, this has been like this for a few months.
We have an old TV V6 box and various virgin community reviews/blog have said this should be upgraded to the newer TV 360 box and should cure the issue.

2. We also have been experiencing drop off of internet speed from 135mbps down to 50-60mbps, this happens anytime during the day. We also have the old Hub 3 ... this was confirmed by the attending Virgin engineer on the 6th december 2023
Due to the fact we have been a customer for 25+ years, on the Broadband side, we feel that a upgrade to an higher level service should be undertaken.

3. After the visit by your engineer on 6th December 2023, who couldn't find the distribution cabinet for our property, he said this would be reported with the office, as the plans were not up to date, he also carried out a tidy-up of internal cables and outside box but this wasn't firmly in place and the recent storm dislodged it (see photo attached)....This needs to be replaced

The engineer also said he will arrange another appointment for another engineer to attend, as of today we haven't heard from you.

4. Please arrange another engineer appointment, Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm, available days - Weds 24th and Thursday 25th January 2024, then Mon 29th January to Thurs 1st Feb 2024

From above, I have managed after awhile with the system/agent to organise a 2nd engineer appointment, Mon 29th Jan, only issue is the engineer has been logged to replace the outside omni box. I told the agent via WhatsApp that the other issues need to be addressed as they were present from last year and there was no issue with the omni box until the engineer decided to refit into place and the storm early January dislodged it, ripped off cover.

So my question is how do I get a message to the team (attending engineer) to be aware of the other issues and to be ready with a upgrade box to the hub3 and make sure they have a new omni box ?

3 REPLIES 3

PeterFB
Tuning in

Prayer might help as VM are generally useless. Always seems to be a lack of communication from the help desk ( or rather helpless desk) to the engineers. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PapaT wrote:

. On certain channels at different times like E4, Sky ...pixelated screen, lasts for about a minute then continues ok maybe for length of programme or 15/30mins.

Pixellation is usually a sign of signal faults.

@PapaT wrote:
Tried the online fix but still the same issue, this has been like this for a few months.

What are these "online fixes" you've tried? Broadly the process should be - one box reboot, check local service status then contact VM to report the fault and get "boots on the ground"

@PapaT wrote:
We have an old TV V6 box and various virgin community reviews/blog have said this should be upgraded to the newer TV 360 box and should cure the issue.

Where is this online review that says changing your TV box software fixes a signal issue? It's nonsense - a good comparison would be fixing a problem with a laptop's screen by "upgrading" (migrating) from Windows 10 > Windows 11. Or improving a mobile phone's signal by converting it between Apple & Android (assuming such a thing were possible)

Whether V6 > TV360 is an upgrade is a whole other debate, many would argue otherwise.

@PapaT wrote:

So my question is how do I get a message to the team (attending engineer) to be aware of the other issues and to be ready with a upgrade box to the hub3 and make sure they have a new omni box ?

You have a tech appointment, let the rest take its course. There's very little point in trying to persuade CS to add reams of notes to the account IMO, wait until the tech is physically onsite and explain to the horses mouth, as it were. They carry stocks of replacement kit as a matter of course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PapaT 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues you are having with various areas of your service. The image that you have taken is not showing, in order to assist you further we would need to bring you in for a private message so we can get some account details and look further into your issues.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina