cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live EAFA champions league not showing on TNT Sports Ultimate

Deano04
Tuning in

Why was the scheduled live match not shown on Ultimate tonight PSG v Barcelona

Recorded but it was just 2 hrs of trailers and ads, no live game!

Have a series link but as the games are spread across TNT1 & TNT 2 (and Ultimate) I have to select all channels but then sometimes the box will randomly select to record on ultimate.

What was the reason and is this going to happen again, therefore do I have to manually change all my future recordings to avoid TNT Sports Ultimate.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Same issue on BT Forums -  https://community.bt.com/t5/TNT-Sports-on-TV-Online-player/ 

You probably have a V6 box as indicated by a previous post of yours in the V6 forums and not the older tivo (the tivo box isn't capable of displaying UHD)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have, using the photos on this page. The TiVo doesn't support UHD, only the V6 & TV360

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Deano04
Tuning in

Thanks for the replies

Sorry, my mistake, I have got a V6 box and sure I've watched games on Ultimate previously.

No explanation on the BT forum either, sounds like its going to be a random occurrence, but why does it still show on the listing if they aren't broadcasting the program, how can I stop the V6 series link choosing BT Ultimate instead of TNT1 or TNT2 without checking and editing everything manually?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo/V6 SL logic is rarely random! Neither is it here. On an all-channel SL, the box will search through channels from high (Ch999) to low (Ch101) and record the first episode it sees.

So if Ultimate is scheduling, then Ch531 triggers the recording and the V6 won't check 530,529,528 or 527. If a UHD simulcast is not planned, then the HD variant gets picked up. You can only specify HD/SD in the SL config, not UHD/HD - so your only way to force TNT1/2/3/4 is to either set a channel-specific SL, or manually override anything scheduled on Ultimate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If there was a problem with the UHD feed I wonder why TNT Sports didn't simulcast the HD channel on Ultimate.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

BinghamBloke
Super solver

Usually it is down to the host broadcaster. So when there is a UK match TNT take their 4K cameras along and you get the match but as both of them were 'foreign' games last night then I guess there was not a 4K feed available for TNT to show.

There will be 1 tonight as Man City are at home.

Same applies to the UEFA games. It's not been the first time there has been no UHD showing.

EDIT:- Just to add as to why it was scheduled on there is a Virgin issue I guess or perhaps duff info from TNT if BT had the same EPG issue.