cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i return the Samsung box as i no longer...

baldbilluk
On our wavelength

I hope this is the correct board but I have downgraded my package and no longer have any TV services, I was told to return the Samsung box but they have not sent me the cardboard box to send it off with, can anyone tell me if VM DO actually send you a box or have I misread the message, and  do i have to post it Myself? And if so how do I do that.

My thanks for any replies/information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @baldbilluk 

You've posted in the V6 forum so I assume you have a V6 box and not the older tivo box (the older tivo box doesn't need returning) You can check which box you have < here > 

You can request returns packaging online using the link below

/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @baldbilluk 

You've posted in the V6 forum so I assume you have a V6 box and not the older tivo box (the older tivo box doesn't need returning) You can check which box you have < here > 

You can request returns packaging online using the link below

/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

baldbilluk
On our wavelength

Thank you for sending me the link, to be honest with you I am unsure what box I have, as its about 10 years old and does not look like the picture dhwn but I will just send it anyway thanks again 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @baldbilluk 

It sounds like you may have the original tivo shown below. They don't need returning and can be safely taken to a recycling plant or your local O2 store.  There's nothing to prevent you ordering and using the packaging as per my previous post, or printing out your own returns label as per the following taken  from the 

How to recycle equipment  sub section Non- Virgin Media and older Virgin Media equipment on the /return-or-recycle-equipment

If you have recently joined us and have non-Virgin Media equipment* from a previous provider or older Virgin Media equipment and wish to send it to us for recycling. Please follow this link to create a new pre-paid label to return it to us.

Alternatively, you can take the kit to your local O2 store or your local recycling centre. You can find out where here https://www.recyclenow.com/recycling-locator

Equipment must be a like-for-like product and perform the same function as to that which is supplied by Virgin Media (example Set top boxes, Modems, Routers or Wi-Fi boosters)

orig-virgin-tivo-front.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

baldbilluk
On our wavelength

Hi Apollo

This is exactly what I have but VM just emailed me and told me to recycle it, after i sent off for return packaging, as said in previous message I was unsure what I have and luckily  I have a recycle centre next to where I live so no problems recyling it. thanks again

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @baldbilluk 

Thanks for updating the thread. Yeah, either take it to your local recycling centre or O2 shop.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.