cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed V6 box - how to action replacement

Al_Chemist
Joining in

My V6 box appears to have expired. I’ve had it a long time so it’s no surprise - nothing lasts forever. However I’m flummoxed as to how I can get it replaced. It’s been a little flickery the last couple of days but today it got much worse with both intermittent sound and picture loss - this was present on both live and recorded programmes which made me think it might be the box and not the feed. A few box reboots did not improve things and then at the last attempt I got a screen of green “mush” and then total failure. The power led is on - but nobody’s home - TV reports no video signal. Just to be sure I tried a different HDMI input and also a different HDMI lead but with no luck. TV is fine via external aerial or Amazon stick. Broadband also unaffected. So my conclusion is a failed box. Called 150 to report a TV box fault and was texted a link to click for remote fault diagnosis. At no time was there an option to talk with one of those, what are they called, real people. So I clicked the remote link and the diagnosis began at my area level then my box. Won’t be long now, it said as the Virgin media “infinity” logo rotated and rotated - and rotated. After 40 minutes I gave up. So that’s that then - no progress and no option to progress things.

I’m posting here because I know there a real people (and very helpful ones) who will see this. How can I action a box replacement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have a feeling the option to receive a text to self-diagnose is just that, an option - so choose whatever other option  is offered. Failing that, immediately after receipt of the text, callback and there's a good chance the option won't be offered.

If all that fails, VM staff should respond on this forum in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have a feeling the option to receive a text to self-diagnose is just that, an option - so choose whatever other option  is offered. Failing that, immediately after receipt of the text, callback and there's a good chance the option won't be offered.

If all that fails, VM staff should respond on this forum in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the other options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Another option is to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's as already advised by japitts, if you try calling again best time to call would be around 8am when they open.

Thanks guys. Held on the line as advised and got through to an advisor. Have technician visit booked for tomorrow. No need for further action.