cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error msg re: remote control battery

FJHove
Joining in

I have the following error message on the screen - “Please replace the batteries in your remote control”.

I’ve done that (twice) and can’t get rid of the message when watching Netflix. I can get rid of it on live tv - it reappears when I change channel but pressing ‘TV’ gets rid of it.

I have checked all the cables, rebooted the box, repairs the remote, etc. TV is LG.

Obviously driving me insane - any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

FJHove
Joining in

PS have also reset Netflix account. This appears on all ‘apps’ - iPlayer, All4 etc.

ozsat
Superstar

Are you using rechargable batteries?

@FJHove wrote:

I have the following error message on the screen - “Please replace the batteries in your remote control”.

I’ve done that (twice) and can’t get rid of the message when watching Netflix. I can get rid of it on live tv - it reappears when I change channel but pressing ‘TV’ gets rid of it.

I have checked all the cables, rebooted the box, repairs the remote, etc. TV is LG.

Obviously driving me insane - any suggestions?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi FJHove,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the remote.

Can you confirm if you're using rechargeable batteries? 

Let me know if this is still an issue and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Spatuxedo
Tuning in

On our Virgin mini box remote we are getting the same message weekly and we DO NOT use rechargeable batteries. This only started a few months ago we never had this problem before. It's getting expensive keeping changing the batteries.

Please advise of a solution?

Don't replace the batteries until your 360 remote doesn't work.

Hi Spatuxedo,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue, I appreciate it must be frustrating.

Apologies if this is obvious, but does the error not disappear when you reboot the set top box (not just by putting it into standby)?

If you do not have any recordings you wish to keep on your set top box, I'd recommend performing a factory reset to see if that resolves the issue.

Let us know

Beth

Numbstairway65
Joining in

Hi I too constantly receive the 'change your batteries' notification and the problem has only occurred since I was moved on to a 360 box - Is there a way to get back to a v6 box

Hey Numbstairway65, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

Unfortunately once you are on the 360 there is no way you can do back to the V6 box. 

How often are you changing your batteries as it stands? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I'm having the same issue. New batteries, not rechargeable. Really annoying. Seems to happen more on apps.