cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin 360 - does not wake from standby

CJ38
On our wavelength

My virgin 360 box was working fine but now does not wake up from standby and needs to be switched off and on via the the rear switch in order to work

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Cj38.

Thanks for replying.

Sounds like your 360 box has a slight fault and will need replacing.

So I can get this arranged. I will need to send you a private message to pass security.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Is your 360 set to eco, active or fast start not that it should make any difference apart from the time to start up, I assume the box turns off OK so have you tried factory resetting the remote and repairing or factory resetting the 360 using the keep recordings option.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

If that doesn't work you could then try a factory reset of the 360.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

CJ38
On our wavelength

Did all that but the problem still there. I have just had to make the standby delay 24 hours to make sure it never goes into standby.

If you have  another solution it would be great

Hello Cj38.

Thanks for replying.

Sounds like your 360 box has a slight fault and will need replacing.

So I can get this arranged. I will need to send you a private message to pass security.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for your time today CJ38.

Now we have arranged for an engineer to attend, can you please let me know how the visit goes.

Gareth_L

CJ38
On our wavelength

The engineer came yesterday evening and replaced the box. It now appears to be working as it should.Thank you for your help. I had a fault with the ethernet cable part of the broadband/tv splitter which was not a problem as I replaced it with a normal cable. I assumed a new splitter would come with the replacement box but this was not the case. Is there any chance virgin would post me a replacement splitter. Thanks again