cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oops we couldn't connect to virgin tv 2

Gerschon
Just joined

Matthew

I have the same issue.  We have a second minibox in th eother side of our house connected by TP Link to our main box.  When my father-in-law records something on his box it also appears on ours (the main box)  but when he tries to watch his recording he gets the "We couldnt connect to TV2" message.  If I start the programme on my main box, it suddenly works on his.  How do we get over this and enable him to start his recording on his box and also, why are his recording showing on my box?

1 REPLY 1

roy247
Community elder

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive so any recordings set on the mini box are recorded on the main box which is the only one with a hard drive. Make sure the main box is set to fast start or active start so the mini box can wake up the main box if it's in standby so you set or watch recordings on the mini box.

Press the Home button and go to Settings (cog on the right) System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast Start or Active Start.