cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no live tv

naxxminium
Joining in

I've just upgraded my hub to a 1gig hub 5 and v6 box (only have one box) to tv 360, all menus work fine (catch up, tv guide etc...) but I can't watch anything live, nothing works, just get a message saying setting up tv channels. Been that way for 6 hours now.

I've checked connection (all fine) rebooted a few time and still the same.

My account is also still showing my old package.

I'm hoping one of the tech team will see this and help me out.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the TV360 connected to the internet ok?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

naxxminium
Joining in

Yes connected and fine

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi naxxminium 

The 360 box also needs connecting to the white coaxial cable for live TV.

What error code along with the "setting up tv channels" message do you see when trying to watch live TV?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@naxxminium wrote:

I've just upgraded my hub to a 1gig hub 5 and v6 box (only have one box) to tv 360, all menus work fine (catch up, tv guide etc...) but I can't watch anything live, nothing works, just get a message saying setting up tv channels. Been that way for 6 hours now.

I've checked connection (all fine) rebooted a few time and still the same.

My account is also still showing my old package.

I'm hoping one of the tech team will see this and help me out.

Pointing out the obvious. The box has not been provisioned with the subscribed channels. Another call to CS is needed I think.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The coaxial cable is connected and there's no error code just - setting up tv channels message

Hi @naxxminium 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing these issues with your service and your account and a big thank you to our community team for their help so far. 

I can help with the old account details appearing via a private message which I will pop across to you now, and we can also run some further checks on the set top box as well. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.