cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade from 360 to V6 TiVo

kevin1988
Dialled in

As above I completely hate the 360 software am I able to request downgrade back to TiVo software as you can't even undelete a show on this disaster of a software.  accidentally delete a show and its gone forever.   its just software at the end of day so I was hoping I could be downgraded back to the old tried and tested software. 

15 REPLIES 15

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgins policy is once you move to 360 you can't go back

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, sorry to hear you aren't a fan of our 360 box, we appreciate there are some changes you are unsure of however there are some great changes, you can find further support around our 360 box here.

Regards

Paul.

I've only noticed this now, yeah not happy at all with it to be honest it's a really rubbish experience compared to TiVo. I would advise anyone still on v6 or TiVo don't upgrade!

I too have 'upgraded' my Tivo to the 360 software and don't like it at all.

Now, I have another, brand new, unopened Tivo box, which I've had for over a year now, so I was thinking. If I connect that one instead, would I keep the older software, or would it automatically update to 360 as soon as I turned it on?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you probably mean that you've converted a V6 to a TV360 - the legacy TiVo can't take the TV360 software. See https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Either way - when you migrated to TV360, your account was removed from VM's TiVo software platform and that can't be changed back.

My suspicion is that if you powered up your old V6, it would give some error during the boot process. It has TiVo software loaded and VM's head-end would complain because your account is now a Horizon TV360 one.

That's apart from the good chance it's been deactivated for non-usage which can often occur after 1-2months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Absolutely agree I hate 360 software looks bland and cheap, Preferred V6 TiVo Box… 

Well, I'm still within the 14 days cooling off period, so I may cancel and look elsewhere for another tv deal. I've read , in other forums that people have managed to get virgin to get them back to th V6 software. I'll perservere. 👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 14days statutory cooling off applies to package changes.

It does not apply to the voluntary choice to convert to TV360. You won't get TiVo software from any other provider in the UK. Once you've chosen to migrate to TV360, that's it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @DavidS49 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you do not like the 360 software. 

Unfortunately, if the set top box has been migrated and the order closed at our side, there is no way to revert the software back to V6 as the community has correctly advised. 

I can on the systems at our side that you have since spoken with the team who are supporting you further with you concerns. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley