cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume adjustment on 360 box?

Bucky897
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've paired some earbuds via BT from the audio out port on the 360 box.  Apart from poor latency, which I'll investigate, I have no way of adjusting the volume independently.

My volume switch on the remote controls the TV and I have a seperate soundbar remote.

I'm guessing the amplitude of the sound is fixed when encoded and digitised? Or I'm being daft, which is very possible 🤣

Any pointers would be great...

Thanks😁

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi Bucky897,

Your guess is correct the volume level is fixed through the audio out port.

I thought most earbuds have a volume control built in these days, I am guessing yours haven't got a volume control so the easy answer would be to buy a pair with a volume control.

What problem do you have is the sound not loud enough so you need to turn it up or too loud so you need to turn it down. 

I see you team has made it to the championship 🏆

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

Hi Bucky897,

Your guess is correct the volume level is fixed through the audio out port.

I thought most earbuds have a volume control built in these days, I am guessing yours haven't got a volume control so the easy answer would be to buy a pair with a volume control.

What problem do you have is the sound not loud enough so you need to turn it up or too loud so you need to turn it down. 

I see you team has made it to the championship 🏆

Bucky897
On our wavelength

Thank you.

Sound wasn't loud enough. I have tinnitus.

Yes, the buds I had didn't have a separate volume button. Think they were more meant for a phone. I have some HP and a volume adjustable transmitter now, so sorted.

Thanks