cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM 360 Error code CS9993

Paul9961
Joining in

Evening All

still showing error code CS993 since upgrading to VM 360.

prior to this we were on TiVo and no issues with sound bar/TV pairing All leads are in the same posts as before…. Expensive TV and sound bar not being fully used 

Any suggestions?.

TVM

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Do you only get the error CS9993 when trying to use on-demand and the apps. How is your 360 connected to your hub is it WiFi or ethernet cable, if it's WiFi could you try an ethernet cable.

Have you checked your service status.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Evening thanks for the info

all cables are good

ive even checked the the cable from the HUB to the 360 box, which was the same box that was TIVO box.

all other items are contected( phones/laptop/2nd box .

tried calling VM there blaming JVC but if it worked on TiVo why not on 360 ? Soft wear ?

rgds

paul

Can you confirm that live TV is working and you only get the error with on-demand and streaming if that is the case, just need to clarify when you are receiving the error for everyone.

As you mentioned TiVo was it an old TiVo box or a V6 box running TiVo software, the old TiVo box had an inbuilt modem where the V6 and 360 boxes both need a separate WiFi or ethernet connection, you also say you have a 2nd box that is working what type of box is that.

You can check on this link 

Pictures of a main and mini box below,

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

If you have 2 V6 boxes that have received a software migration to 360 or a 360 main and mini box you could try swapping them around to see if the problem follows the box or stays in the location.

Hello

everything else is good. Just the error message on trying to connect the soundbar .

both boxes are the smaller square ones( like in your photo) .

everything is connected to the WiFi as it has been since the TiVo went in nearly 5 years ago.

Ive even thought about going back to TIVO but will try swapping g boxes tomorrow 

if that doesn’t work I’ve no clue what’s the way forward .

even bought a gadget that people mention that doesn’t do a thing .

again thanks for your time 

paul

Hi Paul,

If both boxes are the same as the box on the right in the picture then you have 2 mini boxes with no hard drive so you can't make any recordings unless you have a third box with hard drive. 

How did you migrate to 360 was this just by receiving new remotes and software to your boxes or did you receive any new boxes.

If it was all new 5 years ago they should both be V6 boxes and you can't go back to TiVo software.

The error code shouldn't have anything to do with the connection to your soundbar if you have the 360 connected to one of the TV's non HDMI-ARC connectors with the soundbar disconnected does everything work OK. Are you then connecting the soundbar to the TV using HDMI-ARC and this is when you get the error. Check that all the HDMI cables are V2.1 or above. Also check that the soundbar supports HDCP 2.2 if it all worked before then you suspect it does.

It might also help if you post the make and model number of your TV and the model number of your JVC soundbar.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul9961 wrote:

Ive even thought about going back to TIVO but will try swapping g boxes tomorrow 

As mentioned, that won't be an option to you. TiVo's are hardware swapped to TV360, a V6 is software patched. In either case, the conversion process is irreversible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul9961
Joining in

well day 7 on the new 360 and no sound bar. Thanks for the help so far but still stuck in limbo

checked leads

swapped boxes

chopped to WIFI 

checked internet hub 

done a full system check

so until the engineer turns up( if Carlos has booked it) I’m stuck .