cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box update to TV 360 charge

ianjayne
Rising star

I was told my V6 box software would be updated to accommodate the 360 system.  I was also told it was completely free all I had to do was when the new remote arrives simply click on the new app and it will update automatically.. Yet when I look I see there's a £5 charge to do this, to do what? I have to do it, should I not be charging VM then?

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

19 REPLIES 19

I shall be here when the engineer comes to encourage him to return the box to the status quo,

ianjayne
Rising star

Further update on this.

1) Had a call from 2nd line as ticket raised with a view to talking me through set up. I advised VM had tried this hence the ticket. 
2) Also told him engineer has been booked for tomorrow (Friday) 2 line man was not aware and said he was not able to see that. Why on earth not I asked? He responded by saying he would close the ticket in the event (which hasn’t happened yet of course)

3) Furthermore had an en mail congratulating me on my choice of TV 360. 

You really could not make this up. 
I did attempt to download 360 SW to no avail once again just to make sure I was not dreaming - no - make that having a nightmare. 

ianjayne_0-1725609646168.png

CHANGE OF APPOINTMENT

ianjayne_0-1725613751605.png

This appointment has been changed twice now. 

MODMINS

At no stage has anyone contacted me to explain what’s happening.
As a matter of courtesy.
Perhaps I could have an explanation please?

ianjayne
Rising star

You couldn’t make this up.

Appointment for Sunday has now gone off the system. I called 150 spoke to Sheena I think somewhere distant off shore being difficult to hear or understand. 

I was told there are issues in my area affecting BB &TV.

The fix date for this is set at 13 Sept. 

I informed her I had not experienced any problems with WiFi or BB. I related my story and asked why for the third time the engineers visit had disappeared without anyone telling me ?

She could not explain this. She arranged another engineer for Monday 9th 1200 x1600 and further advised there were outages in my area (14) affecting the services, the problem has been identified and an engineer is attending! She further advised all engineers are busy and booked up with this issue.

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Sounds like you really need to just cancel and run, I don't think Virgin knows it's arse from it's armpit at the moment. 

I'm really dreading calling to cancel in November. 

Hi @ianjayne 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of this experience. It seems from what you've posted, the migration to the 360 software failed and thus an engineer visit was needed. There should be no charge for the upgrade as it's free. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ianjayne
Rising star

Engineer has been this afternoon and replaced the TV (360) box with a new one. The hard drive had failed on the old one. So far so good.

You were correct, the £5 is for delivery - of the handset I assume.  However its being refunded because I was not told of it, to the contrary I was told the upgrade was 'completely free'. Thanks anyway.  Now the V6 box has been changed as the hard drive had failed, to the 360 upgrade it's all working and an engineer visit was necessary to bring and install the new box.- all free of course.

Hi Ianjayne,

We can confirm that there would be no cost for the 360 upgrade and this includes delivery. 

^Martin