cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box available as additional 360 box for multiroom coming in September?

DanielFleetwood
On our wavelength

Hello.

Had an engineer out today to install a 3rd 360 box upstairs but due to layout of property, I advised him to not go ahead as didnt realise they could only split the line that comes in upstairs (I assumed it would be from brown box outside downstairs and could be ran round the side of the house and up into the spare room).

He advised that from next week, Virgin are offering stream boxes (in place of 360 mini boxes) which will work with subscription package on main 360 box downstairs.

Anyone else heard the same?

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DanielFleetwood 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that the set top box was not suitable for you. The stream box would only be available to a customer that is adding TV service to an existing package or a new customer. I am very sorry about that, but you would not be able to add a stream box to your existing TV service. 

Ashleigh, you may wish to relay this information to your installation team, because I have been told the same thing by your installer. Does this mean that a new installation visit has to take place, so you can put in the cabling you told me wouldnt be required?

IMG_4844.png

It definitely looks like this is available looking at this photo?

Also the same picture on the Ziggo website. So if you have a 360 mini box will you be able to swap it for a stream box to make your viewing in different rooms possible?

That's a picture of a 360 mini box which is £10 per month.   

Whilst the stream is the same hardware that isn't what's being offered there.

Also a Stream doesn't have a monthly charge unless you subscribe to certain packages 

Called VM yesterday, had confirmation these new boxes are coming 25th September and won't need a coax to get multiroom anymore. They rely on WiFi only and work alongside whichever package you have on the main 360.

25th September these boxes are coming, apparently. Only need WiFi to run alongside your subscription on main 360 box.

DanielFleetwood
On our wavelength

Good afternoon.

Last week an engineer called to install multiroom but couldn't due to issues with cabling. At the end of the visit he mentioned to wait until this week as a new mini box is coming which doesn't need coaxial, just a WiFi connection to my hub for multiroom.

I have since called in and also spoke on WhatsApp and got mixed messages.

Once I have been told I'm not eligible for stream (it's not what I am after), once the person didn't know what I was going on about, and third person admitted these boxes are coming but at the end of September.

It appears I am not the only one that's been told about these boxes looking at the forum. Can someone please clarify these mini boxes either exist, or are coming as no one at Virgin CS seems to know what's going on.

Also, when I pretended I was a new customer yesterday, I could see an image of the apparent new box when selecting multiroom on the sales page (this has since changed to an image of a standard 360 box).

IMG_4844.png

Many Thanks.