cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound varies so much across channels

SMK80
Joining in

Hi all

Upgraded to 360 few months ago and have noticed the sound varies greatly between channels. For example BBC channels seem very quiet and we have to turn the volume up quite a lot but then when you switch to ITV the sound blares out at the volume we have it for BBC channels. This is just one example. Movie channels also seem quite quiet and muffled at times. 

It's not our TV as we notice this across all three TVs we view on (an LG TV and two different model samsungs).

Is this a common issue and is there a fix to get the sound more consistent across all channels?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried the different audio settings, if you have it set to follow content try the 2 PCM settings. If you are using a soundbar with Dolby Atmos you will need the 360 set to follow content.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM does not to do volume normalisation, to be more exact Horizon 4 would need to be developed to provide this feature, and only VM's owner (Liberty Global) can do that. Don't hold your breath.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

MrGiles22
Dialled in

My 360 box is attached to my Pioneer Home Cinema Receiver, and yes I do have the same problem with varying sound levels on different channels. I guess it is just one of those things, I just simply use the receiver remote to turn up or down the sound depending on which channel I am watching. Just have to bear with that I'm afraid. By the way, I don't think there is a fix to correct this either as you asked.