cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing 360 remote to new LG tv

mwb2205
Tuning in

I have just changed my tv to a LG OLED5C2" model.

When trying to setup 360 remote to pair with new tv. 360s tell me I have a match and tv volume controls show when I press volume on screen and sound increase or decreases successfully. I press on screen prompt saying YES and then CLOSE to come out of setup.

However the changes are not stored and I cannot then use volume control of tv.

??

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mwb2205 

When using the volume keys to set up the sound, very often there is more than once code that works, so instead of justa ccepting rthe first "match" you should try a few more. Once accepted press the back button on the remote to exit that screen.

You may be better actually entering the LG model type instead, for example with the LG OLED55C24LA, bring upi the LG brand and then try entering C24LA  or 24LA and see if that works.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave, But have tried all the usual things you suggested. I have tried so many variations which all give me a match and control volume, but even the back button does not let me keep the changes.

PS LG's magic remote has paired up OK using the Ziggo brand. I'm at a loss as what to do now as would prefer to use 360 remote.

Michael

Hey @mwb2205, thanks for the post and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the remote to the TV itself.
I will send 2 posts on some guidance on how to set this up.

The simplest way to programme the Virgin TV remote to work with your AV device is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your AV device and the TV box are switched on
  2. Select and hold down Clear and Volume Down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice
  3. Enter the code to access the AV device code database – the LED will flash green twice
  4. Point the remote at your AV device and press channel up repeatedly until a code mutes the volume for the device – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent
  5. When the volume turns off, press Mute to turn the volume back on
  6. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your device. If it doesn’t work, continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the volume, and repeat steps 5 and 6
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey @mwb2205, here is part two of the thread.

You can also programme the correct code into the remote from the device code list.

1. Make sure your AV device and the TV box are switched on
  2. Find your make of AV device and the 4 digit code(s) that match it here. If there‘s more than one code for your AV device, try the codes in the order listed
  3. Press and hold down Clear and press Volume Up at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  4. Enter the four digit code for your AV device's make from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code
  5. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your AV device from the list

The remote can only store one device code type at a time. This means that you can’t control two AV devices at the same time.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi  Ilyas_Y,

I wondered if you could help me too please?

I have just read this thread and I too would like to pair my new LG C2 tv to my virgin remote but these instructions seem to be for an older remote.

I have Virgin 360 (I think - as I've just been set up) and I don't have a 'clear' button.

All other standard ways of pairing through the settings on the virgin box don't work. I would really like to be using just one remote.

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davierp

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing..

Please try entering the device name as below.

I have an older LGNANO796NE and am able to set it up by typing NANO, and also by typing 796E.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the  LG OLED55C24LA   I would try entering  C24L or 24LA  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG 

With the  LG  OLED55C26LA  I would try entering  C26L or 26LA  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG

You could also try just entering OLED  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG

There is also the key testing method. Have you tried that?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo,

I'll try those suggestions later when I get home!

Hi again newapollo,

I put new batteries in the remote and then carried out your suggested factory reset and then the TV and 0 button for 10 seconds to force pairing.

Amazing - it now works fine.

Didn’t even need to go through the settings menu to do the pairing, it just started working.

Not sure if changing the batteries was key or whether it was just the reset but thanks for your suggestions!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @davierp 

Thanks for the update, it's great to see it's now paired and working.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.