cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Just updated our v6 box to 360 and I have to say that so far I am not impressed. Far from it. Although the menus may look fancy and "modern", they're nowhere near as user friendly as the old ones. No button for my shows, and recordings about four along on the home menu. It just shows how it's geared more towards streaming now (sadly).

Also apparently gone is the wish list, which was brilliant. I simply typed in Pittsburgh Penguins and any game would record. Now without that option it looks like I'm going to have to search for games on a regular basis.

Series Links are harder to make and appear to only be possible to make if there's currently an episode available to record.

I suppose at least Disney+ is now available but many of the old great features sadly seem gone.

Maybe they'll be an option to undownload and go back. Hopefully 

58 REPLIES 58

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Agreed. It's terrible 

Hi Paulpal67,

Tavis75's post on Page 2 lists missing features, if you have some time you could read through the list of TiVo patents here they are not usually named the same as on the V6, the "skip-back on fast-forward" is actually listed as "Automatic overshoot playback correction system".

People who like or are satisfied with the TV360 box are generally those who have not previously enjoyed the experience of the TiVo and V6 boxes.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

Apart from the missing undelete feature, I've enjoyed the change to 360 from V6.   The user interface is vastly better and more modern and generally more friendly.

Because TiVo has been the standard for over ten years many get used to it and some unique features.

Very often we are told by VM staff to start a new thread rather than tacking on to an existing thread even if the issue is exactly the same or directly related. I feel very strongly that this policy serves only to dilute the severity or widespread nature of issues and reduces the liklihood of pressure being brought to bear to find a solution to them.

It also causes duplication of effort on the part of VM customers detailing issues which have already been meticulously explained by other customers and on the part of VM staff investigating issues that are already under investigation by other staff members.

There is also a level of frustration and despondency associated with this 'divide and conquer' strategy.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

I have started new threads and commented in others, yet those posts show up here in this thread 🤷‍♂️

I've been with virgin for 20 odd years and had tivo and then the v6. Manual recording is the one i miss. People are just set in their ways and don't like change. Some people happy, some aren't.

Quickview is the one I miss.

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Can someone please provide me with an email address to complain please.  I tried using the complaints form online but I have far too much text to be able to use the form.

Thanks

Hey @Stephen_Bubbles,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with making a complaint, with this you can find all ways that you can submit a complaint to us via our website here.

Joe