cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Just updated our v6 box to 360 and I have to say that so far I am not impressed. Far from it. Although the menus may look fancy and "modern", they're nowhere near as user friendly as the old ones. No button for my shows, and recordings about four along on the home menu. It just shows how it's geared more towards streaming now (sadly).

Also apparently gone is the wish list, which was brilliant. I simply typed in Pittsburgh Penguins and any game would record. Now without that option it looks like I'm going to have to search for games on a regular basis.

Series Links are harder to make and appear to only be possible to make if there's currently an episode available to record.

I suppose at least Disney+ is now available but many of the old great features sadly seem gone.

Maybe they'll be an option to undownload and go back. Hopefully 

58 REPLIES 58

roy247
Community elder

Clearly you didn't research the 360 before switching, if you want to see all your recordings you need to go to Recordings, Recorded and View all.

Most ot the missing V6 features are TiVo patented and will never be seen on the 360.

When setting a series link remember to use the Advanced options and probably the New Only option.

You are correct sir, I did absolutely zero research before I started the "upgrade".

I have found the advanced options when setting a series link but my point is, if I want to set a link for a show that isn't currently being shown, that I want to be picked up again when it starts being shown again, sadly this doesn't appear to be a option. 

As you said you can only set recordings or series links when the show is shown on the TV guide but if you use the New Only option or the from Series XX option it will record the next series. If you decide you want to delete a series link you need to do it from the options on your recorded episodes before you delete the last one because there is no manage series links option like the V6 has.

Yes, sadly no manage series links is another con 😔

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sadly, this is one of the consequences of companies being taken over. Virgin Media is now part of a media company that operates many cable networks across Europe. V360 (& Virgin Stream) run on their in-house developed Horizon TV firmware platform, which is now in its 4th generation. There is no way of adding TiVO features, nor is there a way back once you have “migrated”. Apart from contract changes that include Paramount+ or Disney+ subs, migration is still currently voluntary. However, this is likely to end in the foreseeable future when Virgin drops the traditional “cable broadcast” transmission methods of distributing TV, that will make the current TiVO boxes obsolete.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You do have voice control 🎆🎇 which you can use to take you to your recordings and the other popular option is saying "top" to get you to the top of the TV guide or you can just press 1.

Can voice control record only Pittsburgh Penguins games instead of having to manually search through the many NHL games that are shown? 

Oh no no no.

Then again, another con dressed up as "progress"