cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New box not working

Nick_h
Dialled in

Hi after a couple of weeks an engineer came today to re activate our old wall socket and install the box.

All good been using it for a few hours.

Turned it off to use a different plug socket and turned it on.

After a few minutes some text comes up then there is just a flashing green screen. No error messages just flashes green to black in about a 1 second interval.

Tried a different hdmi socket and checked cables etc but it was working fine before I turned it off.

Tried pressing + and power button while turning on for 30 seconds makes no difference.

Looks like its died can’t say I’m surprised after finding out they are made by Humax …. Will it have to be another one wasted day and an engineer visit or can a replacement be shipped out ?

5 REPLIES 5

Nick_h
Dialled in

I take it back ! Looks like some dodgy HDMI comms … Hard power down on TV seems to have sorted !

roy247
Superstar

@Nick_h wrote:

Looks like its died can’t say I’m surprised after finding out they are made by Humax …. Will it have to be another one wasted day and an engineer visit or can a replacement be shipped out ?

I've had my Humax 360 boxes for 4 years this year with no problems so I guess this comment is based on a previous experience with a Humax made product.

Correct and as I said it was the tv however just because you’ve not had a problem in 4 years doesn’t mean no one else has !

A lot of the problem's with 360 have been with updated old V6 boxes made by Arris.

Hey roy247, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

What type of issues are you having?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?