cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after upgrading to 360

Ricky3553
Just joined

Since upgrading our box to the new 360 we have had ongoing issues with the TV going black for roughly one second. This happens numerous times and is a lot worse when the tv is switched on in a morning. I’ve contacted Virgin and gone through all the technical tests but still have the same issue. We do t have any other appliances connected to the tv and have replaced the HDMI cable. Virgin even sent another box but this made no difference at all. We’ve given up and don't seem to be getting anywhere. We’re even tempted to just pay for broadband once this contract finishes. Any advice would be appreciated 👍🏻

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ricky3553 wrote:

Since upgrading our box to the new 360 we have had ongoing issues with the TV going black for roughly one second. This happens numerous times and is a lot worse when the tv is switched on in a morning. I’ve contacted Virgin and gone through all the technical tests but still have the same issue. We do t have any other appliances connected to the tv and have replaced the HDMI cable. Virgin even sent another box but this made no difference at all. We’ve given up and don't seem to be getting anywhere. We’re even tempted to just pay for broadband once this contract finishes. Any advice would be appreciated 👍🏻

This may be due to the HDMI cable not being compliant with HDCP2.2.

It may also be due a change in frame rate, which generally shows up more when using netflix.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Ricky3553,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issue with your box.

Have you been able to take a look at the advice from newapollo?

Let us know if you're still having issues with it.

Alex_Rm