cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new TV

trevorwilson
Joining in

Hey all, just a quick question

Right now we use a virgin box for most of our tv, it has the ariel plugged into it then connects to our tv via hdmi, we simply change source when wanting to use any other devices.

We need a new tv however and due to pricing are looking at a roku/tcl tv (The rc630k qled). I am just checking there shouldnt be an issue with using the box exactly the same way providing there is a spare hdmi slot?

I cant imagine there being an issue but thought i should check.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Correct. VM TV boxes output video & audio using HDMI, and have the facility to also output sound using an optical connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Make sure that the 360's audio & video are set to get the best from your proposed UHD TV:

• HDMI resolution: Automatic
  • Audio output: Follow content

Also, unless told otherwise connect the cable from the 360 to the TV's HDMI 1 input.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

roy247
Superstar

How many other devices do you want to connect, the 43" only has 2 HDMI ports according to Currys website, the 50", 55" + 60" all have 3 HDMI ports.

THEGUYVER
On our wavelength

could be an issue, since changing to the 360 box i have constant trouble with the boxs or the connection with my TV which worked fine with the V6 box.