cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CS3300

andycambs
Superfast

I'm having to reboot my 360 box on a daily basis - there's a number of error codes. The latest of which was CS3300 which implies a connection issue. It's not always the same code, but the result always requires the box to be rebooted.

Is this a general fault, or does it need a call out?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

Hi andycambs,

Have you checked for faults in your area, you can login to your My Virgin Media and check your service status or phone 0800 5610061 for a more localised check.

If nothing is reported then you need to phone Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @andycambs 

Do you still have two 360 boxes as per < this post > ? 

If so have you tried swapping them around to see if the error(s) follow the box?

The CS3300 < fault help page > suggests turning the box off at the wall and checking the cabling, then if the issue persists to contact VM.  In the past that help page suggested it was just a temporary issue.

Does this error occur on live TV, or only on catch up, on demand, apps or recordings?

If you do still have two 360 boxes and it's occuring on recordings then ensure both boxes are turned on, and set to either Fast Start or Active start mode  so the boxes can communicate with each other.

Also when this CS3300 error (or any error) happens have you looked at Check service status  < here >  at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there?  If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey andycambs, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

I can see you've spoke to the team about this, did they mange to help at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

We rebooted everything - he sent something through. I was out last night, but it didn't appear to require a restart of the 360 box. He did suggest using ethernet cable from router to box, but that's out the question as they're opposite ends of the house ( floor and side of house!)

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andycambs,

I am so sorry to hear this, we can get a tech booked in for you to take a look into this. 

I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there, keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andycambs,

Thank you for messaging with me, I am glad this has resolved itself, if you do continue having this please pop back. 
Thanks, 
Zoie