cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Easy Access’ ghost watermark displayed on screen

Pompey586
Joining in

Since upgrading from a V6 box to Virgin 360 in late December 2022, I see ‘ghost’ lines / bars … Ala a watermark effect on my screen (horizontally across bottom third of screen, always in the same place  … and also a box top right of screen with the words ‘EARLY ACCESS’ in it - see 4 x photos below.

This irritating quality issue is present on all channels, and is more clearly visible when the transmitted programme features images that are either red, yellow or pink in colour - see photo.

A Virgin Engineer has visited and changed the 360 remote, Virgin box and checked broadband signal levels and all cables. 

He also checked settings on my LG 4K TV - all ok - and confirmed the LG TV test screen image showed no issues when testing just the TV 

I also swapped out the tv for another but the issue is still present.

I am based in the PO4 post code area of Portsmouth, but the Virgin Engineer advised he had never seen this before but thought it must either be a transmission fault or a fault with the local Virgin box in the street ?

I am on the Maxit / Big bundle, and clearly this quality issue should not be present ! Please help ! 

2F5699F7-B4AB-4CEC-838A-B6FFE4F42FC0.jpeg

D72BCF2E-C13B-45C5-BB4F-F9F8557C86B8.jpeg

AFB4977D-63D0-43D5-A21F-E156F93C6720.jpeg

F80C91F2-5A2A-4AE0-92C1-DAA641C9D934.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agi4
On our wavelength

I had something similar where the top line of the Home screen stays on the display. Cannot get rid of it till recycle 360 box. Happened couple of times and seems to have started around time of 4.45 update recently

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pompey586, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV service and this is not the experience which we want you to have, 

Does this happen on multiple channels? Do you have another Virgin Media box to try. 

Did the engineer check the cabinet at all? 

Chris. 

Hi Chris - it happens on every channel

The engineer changed the Virgin box and also the new 360 remote - no difference. We also changed the TV to remove that from the equation - no difference.

When you say ‘did the engineer check the cabinet’, do you mean the box in the street ? 
If so, no he didn’t 

Definitely an odd one @Pompey586 I certainly haven't heard of this before. 

Have you been in touch since with the technicians since - what was last advise to you by the technician about the next steps to try and resolve this?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carly - The Engineer that came out said he had never seen it, but would discuss it with his boss.

He said he changed out everything he could as well as checking signal quality, and it therefore must be either a fault with the local box in the street or it’s transmitted like that 

How can I request for a Virgin engineer to check the local box / cabinet in the street ?? 

I should not be encountering this quality issue for what I’m paying 

Happy to provide my address details

Carly / Virgin Media - The only thing that has changed here is that I have “upgraded” to Virgin 360 from your V6 box … and this issue has been present since doing so 4.5 weeks ago.

- Please advise next steps ?

when will your engineers be checking the cabinet in the street ? 

Hey Pompey586, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this. 

Please can you provide me the model of the TV.

Please can you also just confirm to me that these ghost lines do not appear anywhere else such as your TV through the aerial. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matt - I have already tried swapping out my 4K LG OLED55B7V TV and the issue is still exactly the same on an old Dell monitor 

The issue is only present when your Virgin box is connected

Your own Engineer that visited advised it’s not the TV, it’s an issue with either your local box in the street or the transmission itself

I did not have any issue with my old V6 box with the same set-up.

When will you be arranging for a Virgin Engineer to check the box in the street ??

Hi Pompey586,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we will be more than happy to arrange a technician to come back out however if the fault was found not to be the box there may be a £25 callout charge, so I can arrange this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purole envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Agi4
On our wavelength

I had something similar where the top line of the Home screen stays on the display. Cannot get rid of it till recycle 360 box. Happened couple of times and seems to have started around time of 4.45 update recently