cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do some Virgin Store Movies not have sub-titles?

nevwg
On our wavelength

I rented Oppenheimer from Virgin Store Movies. Much of the dialogue is half-mumbled, but I was unable to get sub-titles. I could turn them on via Remote>Home>Accessibility>Sub-titles so that they appeared on (eg) BBC 1, but there were no sub-titles for the movie. I also turned them on for my LG TV, with the same result.

Is there some other control that would turn sub-titles on, or are they missing from some movie titles? If so, is there any way of finding that out before buying or renting a movie?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nevwg 

I'm afraid you would need to contact Virgin Media Store by phoning them on 0800 027 0801 to check up on this problem. They are open 9am to midnight Sunday to Thursday,  and 9am to 3am Friday and Saturday.

I don't know if you subscribe to Sky Cinema via VM, but Oppenheimer will be available via Sky Cinema from this Friday 11th April. The movie will have sub titles if viewed through the Sky Cinema channel, however if accessed via Sky Cinema on demand then I'm afraid there aren't any subtitles available.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

if accessed via Sky Cinema on demand then I'm afraid there aren't any subtitles available.

To be fair, quite a lot of Sky Cinema OD assets do now have subtitles. I've just picked 3 that I have recorded, checked the OD equivalent - and all 3 do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

@newapollo wrote:

if accessed via Sky Cinema on demand then I'm afraid there aren't any subtitles available.

To be fair, quite a lot of Sky Cinema OD assets do now have subtitles. I've just picked 3 that I have recorded, checked the OD equivalent - and all 3 do.

Thanks for the heads up about my booboo @japitts 

I'm getting confused with Sky Cinema UHD subtitles having just been added to their own platform, albeit only four 4K movies were found with subtitles (Barbie, Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie,The Flash, and Gran Turismo: Based On A True Story) and two on 4K series (Mary & George, and Season 4 of True Detective) according to the following article.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-adds-limited-4k-subtitles/  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali