cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control one 360 box from 2 separate rooms.

Jazzo1
Joining in

Hi All. 

I had my V6 box connected to 2 tvs. One in lounge where box is and one in bedroom where I ran a hdmi lead to. I had 2 virgin remotes and the one in the bedroom used to work the box even though it was not in line or near the V6 box.

I have now upgraded to 360 with the old v6 box. I understand that you can not use 2 virgin remotes on the same box. 

People are suggesting using a One 4 All 7125, which I would want to use as a secondary remote in the bedroom.

Does anyone know if this would work. 

If  not any other suggestions.

I know I can use the Virgin App, but all I want to do is pick up a remote control and use it when needed and not mess about with a phone or tablet all the time.

Thanks in Advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi Jazzo1,

You would need to use the One 4 All in the room with the 360 box because it uses IR and requires line of sight to the box, the 360 remote uses RF so that could be used upstairs.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

Hi Jazzo1,

You would need to use the One 4 All in the room with the 360 box because it uses IR and requires line of sight to the box, the 360 remote uses RF so that could be used upstairs.

I thought that might be the case.

Shame really as I would have preferred the 360 voice control in the lounge. 

Thank you for confirming this fact.

Why Virgin couldn't rectify this "only one remote for a 360 box" , I do not know?

Hi roy247,

While on this subject, how come I could use 2 remotes for my v6 box one in the same room and one in the other room that was not near the box and they both worked?

Thank you.

Hi Jazzo1,

The V6 remote default was IR but you could change it to RF, so one of your V6 remotes could have been using IR in the same room and the other one RF. You could also use 2 V6 remotes in IR mode to the V6 box.